How much exposure is too much?
As writers, we are advised to use social media to publicize our works and reach out to readers. However, it is easy to get lulled into thinking we can share anything. Ronie Kendig, a best-selling author of military suspense, gives the following tips for personal safety, and for when posting to social media.
- Never reveal your address. Consider using a post office box for your business address.
- Never reveal you are not at home.
- Don’t identify members of your family by their names. Use nicknames.
- Don’t post photos of your children or grandchildren that show them clearly in identifiable locations.
- Don’t give anyone access to your social media sites. Only you should post on your site.
- Anything you put in writing, including personal messages, can be accessed. Post only things you want public.
- Report threats and stalking. Unfriend people who make you uncomfortable.
To get more details read Ronie’s blog post at Novel Rocket